SS Central America $50 Kellogg Commemorative PCGS Restrike Gem Proof
- 2.5 Troy Ounces of .887 Fine Gold recovered from SS Central America shipwreck Kellogg bars.
- Struck in San Francisco utilizing vintage original San Francisco Mint press.
- One of the greatest shipwrecks of all time that has a fascinating story to go with it.
- About the original coin, prominent Fort Worth coin dealer B. Max Mehl referred to the Kellogg & Co. fifty dollar gold piece as “the most beautiful of all Pioneer gold coins and one of the rarest.”
- An original 1855 $50 Kellogg & Co. Fifty Dollar PR64 Cameo PCGS sold in 2014 for $763,500.